invitations

Monday, April 20, 2015

Eeeekkk!

We just got a letter in the mail today from Ryan Homes stating that our settlement date is June 1st! That is 22 days EARLIER than we were originally told! We are freaking out as we have not sold our condo yet. Moreover, we've only had 1 offer which was from an investor but we couldn't come to agreement on price. Does anyone know what RH would do in this case if the buyer's original home is not sold before settlement? I know our mortgage approval was contingent on selling our current residence first.

I guess I need to figure out how to change the date to my countdown ticker......

4 comments:

  1. Aww, CONGRATS on your settlement date!! I can only imagine how excited you both must feel. I will keep my fingers, toes, eyes (and anything else I can cross!) crossed for you guys to sell your condo before you close! Hopefully with the spring time rush where people typically make large purchases (plus the fact that school is almost ending in most areas), you WILL find a buyer for your condo. Then, you can enjoy your big, beautiful new home! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had someone come by and look at it yesterday and it was his second time viewing it so I'm hoping that is a good sign. We are having an open house Sunday too. If we still haven't receive any offers after the open house we will drop the price $5K.

      Delete
  2. I was actually worried about this same issue with selling our condo. The question is do you qualify for your new mortgage without selling? If not they will work with you a little if you are using NVR mortgage. I wasn't going to qualify without selling, so I called NVR and they told me they would be able to help, as long as we had a contract with someone for buying our condo by scheduled closeing, as they wouldn't delay anymore then 30 days. We ended up getting an offer and selling before we ran into the deadline. Thank you for delays, the delays saved us. Call NVR tell them where you are in selling your place, and see what they can do. They will reach out to your PM if they need. Do something to make your pop on the listing, change the main picture of the listing if you can't change price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Page. We did get confirmation that they can push the settlement date back a few weeks. We do not qualify for the mortgage without selling the condo so they pretty much have to work with us.

      Delete